Planet Patchwork Block
of the Month, 2008-2009
(12" finished block, Make one block)
Cut 2 squares 3 7/8". Cut once diagonally
Cut 2 squares 3 7/8". Cut once diagonally.
Cut 4 squares 3 7/8". Cut once diagonally
Cut 4 rectangles, 3 1/2 x 6 1/2
Assembly & Block Construction
1. Sew (1) one (B) Green half square triangle to (1) one (E) Purple
half square triangle. This will make one half of a flying geese
unit. Repeat this (3) three more times. See diagram 1.
2. Press units made in step 1 towards the smaller triangle, being
sure not to touch the iron to the un-sewn bias edge. Once all units
have been pressed repeat the process sewing one (D) Yellow half
square triangle to the un-sewn edge of the (E) Purple half square
triangle. This will complete the flying geese unit. Repeat this step
(3) three more times. Press and label Unit 1a. See diagram 2.
3. Press all (4) four flying geese Unit 1a's. To the top edge of the
flying geese Unit 1a sew (1) one (F) Blue rectangle. This will make
one quarter of your block. Repeat 3 more times. Press and label Unit
1b. See diagram 3.
4. Measurement check – Block should measure 6 1/2" square.
5. Press units just made in step 3 and layout according the diagram
4. Sew (2) two Unit 1b's together to form one half of your block.
This will be the top row of your block.
6. Measurement check – Section should measure 6 1/2" x 12 1/2"
7. Sew the (2) two remaining Unit 1b's together as seen in diagram 5
to make the bottom row of your block.
8. Measurement check – Section should measure 6 1/2" x 12 1/2"
Measurement check – Block should measure 12 1/2"
©2001 - 2008 – By Diane – All Rights Reserved ----- Printed
in the USA For individual use only not for commercial
Copyright 1995-2012 by The Virtual Quilt Company. All rights reserved.
Four Wheel Drive for your
Tutto Machine-on-Wheels is the strongest, most lightweight, and most
ergonomically friendly of sewing machine luggage choices!
our review and check out the wide assortment of
sizes and colors (and great prices) for this highly maneuverable carrier for
taking your sewing machine across town or around the world!
Planet Patchwork won't be undersold on quilting software!
Visit our sister sites
The Quilt Channel | The Quilt
Software Network | Quiltropolis
| Books |
History | Advertise
Quilts | Mystery |
Quilters | Planet
| Beginners | Travel
| Tools |
Essays | Views |